Last Updated on December 23, 2021
- What is Lionbridge/TELUS? What kind of jobs do they offer?
- How do I signup and start working? (Step-by-Step Guide)
- Different ways to apply on Lionbridge/TELUS
- How much can I earn? When and How do I get paid?
- how and when do i get paid through lionbridge/telus?
- banks and payments guide for lionbridge
- for more questions, contact support.
- some things to keep in mind
What is Lionbridge/TELUS? What kind of jobs do they offer?
🌎 It’s a Global Crowdsourcing Community.
💼 It helps you find a remote job or contract-based work.
💵 It pays better than it’s competitors
Mostly Internet-based rating and judging work 🌈
Time to time you get data collection projects as well⚡
Opportunities vary from country to country, but there’s something for everyone. 🍕
UPDATE: Lionbridge has been acquired by TELUS International. There are several new job portal links you can apply to (that I have updated in this article as well).
This does not change the information provided in this article, as the workflow of Payments and Projects remain the same. You can read my TELUS International Guide for more information on this acquisition (and changes)
Lionbridge is a global crowdsourcing community that offers remote-jobs worldwide. It rolls out the red carpet for people from all backgrounds providing a wide range of opportunities with fair pay for all projects across all locations.
Lionbridge volunteers workers to work from home and is a completely remote job that you will be doing here. Their pay is fair work schedule can be as flexible as you like. The work is extremely simple tasks that you will complete using your laptop or smartphone (more about that later).
Lionbridge also provides free training for most of its projects, so you have all the material you need to learn about the tasks you are required to do. They run time to time bonus opportunities and also present hikes in pay rates.
what do i need to join lionbridge/telus?
Since Lionbridge was acquired by TELUS, all theses requirements listed below apply to TELUS International as well.
Joining Lionbridge is pretty simple and you don’t require anything other than a laptop and an Internet connection, in layman’s terms. But let’s just go through what is required a little formally:
- Working Desktop/Laptop
- Smartphone (Android V4.2 or higher or iPhone running iOS version 10.0 or higher)
- Active Internet connection
- Fluency in written and verbal English
- Must be living in the opted country for the last 5 consecutive years
- Active Gmail account
- Active daily user of Gmail and other forms of social media.
- Experience in use of web browsers to navigate and interact with a variety of content
- Familiarity with current and historical business, media, sport, news, social media and cultural affairs
How do I signup and start working? (Step-by-Step Guide)
🤪 The Signup Process is a bit of a stretch, not gonna lie.
❌ But apply diligently, as their rejection rate is high
💡 Read this step-by-step guide if you need any help.
Confused? Well, Lionbridge has such a distributed set of projects that it is best if you signup for as many portals as possible. Try using the same email address for all of them.
The process described below is for the older LB website, but it’s information is relevant to the newer portals as well.
Lionbridge website is very user friendly and the whole process is very streamlined. Follow the below steps to proceed with the application process:
Step 1: Searching for Jobs available in your country in Lionbridge/TELUS
- Click here to open the official website
2. Click on ‘Join Our Team’ As shown below
3. Scroll down and click on ‘Learn More’ As shown below
4. Click on ‘View All Jobs’ To see the current Job Openings
5. Choose the apt jobs based on the country you reside and skills you possess
6. Click on ‘Apply Now!’ To proceed with the next step.
Step 2: Registering yourself on Lionbridge.
- Create a User Account. After creating your account, you will receive an email with further information and process steps.
- You are expected to provide all the information which includes Personal Information, Education, Working Experience, Overview, etc.
- Submit your application.
some tips for your application at lionbridge/telus
- Please provide your information accurately; it plays a significant role in the recruitment process.
- Even though filling Work Experience is optional, don’t leave it blank. If you don’t have any working experiences, then create one. Lionbridge never conducts background verification for this.
- Design your resume effectively. Add your skills, capabilities to your resume.
- Upload Documents/Certificates, don’t leave this empty. You can also submit online certificates.
- Before submitting, do overview the information that you provided.
the lionbridge/telus recruitment process: explained
Once the application is submitted successfully, Lionbridge (or TELUS International) usually takes 5-7 business days (sometimes it may take up to 2 weeks) to process the application. If you are a suitable candidate, they will send you the consulting agreement. Once you accept their Terms and Conditions, they will take you further into the recruitment process.
Within the next 2-3 business days, you will receive another email providing the test information (usually you receive this email on Thursday). Lionbridge provides all the reading materials(Guidelines) and also conducts webinars to clarify the doubts.
They offer five days for the exam preparation and a week to complete the exam. Lionbridge conducts an open book exam, which means one can refer to guidelines during the exam. The test need not be completed in a single sitting one can sign out of the exam and continue it later but must be completed in a week.
Once the test is submitted successfully, the result will be sent immediately to the registered email address. If you pass the exam successfully after the exam period, you will be on board. Lionbridge takes 3-4 business days to assign you the real tasks.
During the period, you will receive Steps regarding their working portals. So basically, the whole recruitment process takes up to 20-25 days. I would suggest you to be patient. It is definitely worth the time (if you get selected that is).
Different ways to apply on Lionbridge/TELUS
Their main job listings. This is the best way. 1️⃣
Smartcrowd Platform by Lionbridge. 2️⃣
Workmarket. A 3rd party platform where Lionbridge posts jobs. 3️⃣
TELUS International Job Search. Latest Acquisition. 4️⃣
Their are a lot of ways you can get associated with them. They are very distributed in the way they work. For example, LB Gaming works very independently, mostly through Discord and Google Forms.
How much can I earn? When and How do I get paid?
💰 LB’s pay is much better than Appen
📆 Payments are made directly to your bank account, every month
I know many of you are confused and wanted to know more about the payments process in Lionbridge. Don’t worry. I will simplify the things for you.
I’ll discuss the most common queries related to Lionbridge payments such as…
how and when do i get paid through lionbridge/telus?
Note: Many platforms associated with Lionbridge, such as Workmarket or Lionbridge AI, however allow payment through Paypal, Payoneer and more.
The above information is limited to projects done directly through Lionbridge (the OG).
They also don’t allow Paytm or UPI for payments since they don’t support International Payments.
As mentioned in the earlier post, the payment is cyclic. Usually, we will be paid on the 15th of every month.
For example, The work we did in January will be paid in March. Let’s be specific, the work which is done in January will be approved by the Project Manager by the first week of February, and invoices for the same will be generated by the 15th of February. Invoices are paid 30 business days from the day they generated. So, January invoices will be paid in mid-March.
Reminding you again, this process is for Lionbridge only, and does not apply to it’s associated and future platforms.
Once Lionbridge processes your payment, they will send you an official remittance advice mail. It takes 3 – 5 working days after the email for the transfer to reach your account.
|Billing Date||Payment Dates|
|November Invoices 2019||10th January 2020|
|December Invoices 2019||11th February 2020|
|January Invoices 2020||13th March 2020|
|February Invoices 2020||10th April 2020|
|March Invoices 2020||12th May 2020|
|April Invoices 2020||11th June 2020|
|May Invoices 2020||10th July 2020|
|June Invoices 2020||11th August 2020|
|July Invoices 2020||11th September 2020|
|August Invoices 2020||12th October 2020|
|September Invoices 2020||11th November 2020|
|October Invoices 2020||11th December 2020|
|November Invoices 2020||11th January 2021|
|December Invoices 2020||11th February 2021|
An estimate of payment cycles in Lionbridge
banks and payments guide for lionbridge
Will I incur bank charges? Are there any hidden taxes? What are routing banks?
For the International vendors, Lionbridge bank with AIB (Allied Irish Bank). Lionbridge makes the payment for the full amount of the invoice. They incur the fee for making the payment; however, they do not cover the cost of receiving the payment. If our bank does not have a relationship with their bank, then a Routing Bank is needed to transfer the funds. A Routing Bank charges a fee that we must pay. If you contact your bank, they will be able to advise you on how much money the Routing Bank charges you, and they will be able to advise you if they apply a charge also. Charges will vary from bank to bank. On average, 10$ may be charged.
No, there are no hidden charges. Lionbridge pays the total amount.
Where should I provide my bank details? Can I change or update my bank account details?
Lionbridge uses different portals. The Supplier portal will maintain finance and Timesheets. On the Supplier portal’s homepage, we can see “update bank details option” Select your country and proceed with filling your bank credentials.
If I don’t have my bank account, can I use someone else’s bank details?
No. It is not allowed to route payments to someone else’s bank account. To receive payment for tasks completed, you must have a bank account held in your name. This is a requirement of the program which was set out in the terms and conditions. Bank details uploaded in another person’s name will be deleted automatically by them. They may also ask to confirm your tax details during your first transfer.
for more questions, contact support.
How do you contact their support staff?
The Homeworker Support Portal is where you should contact Lionbridge if you have any queries. On the homepage, you can find the “Ask A Question” tab, select that option and ask them your query. The typical response period is 24 working hours; however, it may sometimes take up to 72 working hours.
Check out this article regarding the support emails and contacts of several online-earning platforms.
What should I do if I encounter a problem during the process, who do I contact?
Never email them directly. Only use the Homeworker Support Portal for the queries you have. First, visit the portal and then classify your query, for example, classify the query based on which category it belongs to: like payments, quality, community, timesheets, etc.
Then enter your query, attach screenshots to explain the issue more fluently, and click on Submit. If you experience difficulty finding your bank on the Supplier Portal, even then contact them through the Homeworker Support Portal.
How much time does it take to earn 500$? How much can I earn?
A month. Yes, you heard it right. I made 500$ just in a month. Lionbridge is one of the legit ways to make money online. I started working with Lionbridge in the last week of April 2020. In that week alone I made 72$ and then In May I made 500$.
This is because Lionbridge has one of the best payment rates in the industry. I have signed up at several other sites but have always found the rates of Lionbridge to be the highest.
some things to keep in mind
- Lionbridge/TELUS International is NOT a passive income source. You are only paid for the work you do.
- You are working as an independent contractor. You are not their employee (in legal terms). So the company will provide no additional benefits or perks it might give to it’s regular employees. This is kind of how Uber drivers and Zomato delivery guys work. They are contractors. (Search Google for “Gig economy” if you want to learn more about it.)
- You can only work for 20 hours a week until and unless they ask you to work for extra hours. So, you can earn up to the number of tasks you get completed in 80 hours per month (20 hours per week).
- All the communication with Lionbridge needs to be in English, so make sure you are familiar with it.
- You can temporarily work from another location as long as it’s just for a short time. It shouldn’t be an issue, and as long as you are using a secure network. Moreover, you must work only from the country you were hired.